The Peltoncast’s search for Seattle’s best burger goes to … Costco? Plus thoughts on this season of Silicon Valley, a Phil Jackson Sonics what if and hot takes on the Mariners’ chances of making the playoffs.
Intro – Back in Boulevard Park with Ninkasi Beer Run IPA
7:00 – Can Costco’s new burger compete with Seattle’s best burgers?
19:00 – Kevin‘s trip to L.A. for the #TBALive podcast
30:00 – Recapping Silicon Valley S4 (skip to 37:40 to avoid spoilers) and previewing Ballers on HBO S3
42:00 – Seattle City Council to hire independent consultant to vet Oak View KeyArena renovation proposal
52:30 – Mariners hot takes: Will the Mariners make the playoffs?
57:00 – Roundup: Sounders split two late draws; slumping Storm blown out in Washington D.C.; Husky hoops signs another New Yorker; Husky football adds four-star lineman
– Peltoncast Search for Seattle’s Best Burger
– Seattle Times: Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle and it might remind you of Shake Shack
– Hollywood Reporter: T.J. Miller says leaving Silicon Valley was like a breakup
– SportsPress NW: City council to hire a consultant to vet arena bid
– King 5: KeyArena, Seattle Center buildings landmark nominations accepted by board
– Good Judgment Project: Daryl Morey talks superforecasting
– Sounder at Heart: Derlis Gonzalez is on the move, and Sounders a plausible destination
– FanGraphs playoff projections
– FiveThirtyEight Soccer Power Index
– American Soccer Analysis: Expected Goals