A supersized Peltoncast continues #FreshHopSZN, crowns Philadelphia’s best fried chicken, celebrates the M’s playoffs push, ponders Sue Bird’s possible retirement, previews not-your-older-brother’s Oregon State and considers whether Pete Carroll is capable of making the necessary adjustments to the Seahawks’ defense.
Contents sponsored by Pagliacci Pizza
Intro – Fremont Field to Ferment Fresh Hop Pale Ale
8:44 – Searching for Philadelphia’s best fried chicken
22:46 – Kraken make preseason debut
26:30 – M’s hot takes: Envisioning Game 163
36:19 – Sounders lose Leagues Cup final but move atop West
40:11 – Was Sunday’s Storm loss Bird’s last game?
49:56 – Huskies dealing with absences of key players
1:08:52 – Is there reason for hope about the Seahawks’ season?
– Pagliacci website
– Peltoncast on Instagram
– Fremont Field to Ferment Fresh Hop Pale Ale
– Distracted Seahawks fan meme
– House of Carbs: The Philly Food Tour with Chris Ryan
– Federal Donuts website
– Fried chicken and donuts at Birdies DTLA
– FanGraphs playoff odds
– FanGraphs playoff odds graphed
– FPI efficiency
– Kevin’s research on Seahawks’ half differential
– Pat Thorman tweet on Seahawks’ pace
– Football Outsiders DVOA