Third Pelton brother Chris Smith joins us to discuss the greatness of Taco Time Northwest before we become a Sixers podcast, Kevin reviews recent Sonics books, Chris offers hot mustache takes and we discuss the Seahawks’ schedule. Note there’s a bit more profanity than usual in this episode.
Intro – A toast to the Seattle Seawolves for winning their first game
5:00 – Where does Taco Time Northwest rank among Seattle fast food chains?
29:00 – Tristan abandons the Blazers and we name our Sixers pod
43:00 – Discussing the Sonics content in books by Ray Allen and Vin Baker
1:02 – Takeaways from KeyArena rebuild draft environmental impact study
1:06 – M’s hot takes (special Chris edition)
1:16 – Sounders win a game!
1:22 – UW sports roundup: Matisse Thybulle to return, UW spring practice takeaways
1:31 – Discussing Seahawks schedule, a weird Colin Kaepernick update and the latest Earl Thomas trade buzz (by the way, Kevin did miscount: it’s five of the final eight games at home)
– Seahawks Draft Preview with Zach Whitman
– Peltoncast on Instagram
– Taco Time Northwest website
– From the Outside
– God and Starbucks
– Shawn Kemp on the Players Tribune: I Miss the Sonics
– King 5: Chris Daniels on draft EIS plus link to read
– Soccer Power Index on FiveThirtyEight
– Seattle Times: Mattise Thybulle opts to return to UW Huskies, not enter NBA Draft
– Fran Fraschilla on Twitter
– “Overboard” trailer link
– Seahawks schedule